Saturday, December 10, 2011

National Film Challenge/Boston Theatre Marathon

Since I last wrote, we underwent the National Film Challenge for 2011.  I promised that this time the writing process would be orderly and productive. And it was!  But then the shooting process happened.  And it was less orderly and productive. As a result, I can't post a properly finished product as such a thing does not exist, but I can post the script.

Chain Reactions: A Short Screenplay for the 2011 NFC

Genre: Film de Femme
Character: Casey Scott, Bicyclist
Prop: Light Bulb
Line of Dialogue: "It's probably poisonous."

Because of the slow filming pace, we didn't have a complete product at the end of the deadline.  The footage I've seen looks very good, and hopefully the director will finish editing it and put it up on the internet.  When that might be, I have no idea.

In addition to the National Film Challenge, I also entered a play into Boston Theatre Marathon, as usual.  I usually have a few things written in advance, but as the deadline loomed this year I didn't have anything.  So with a few days to go, I adapted the Lilith at the Wedding screenplay into a stage play, taking out all the visual jokes and the different settings and concentrating on the conversation between Adam and Lilith. 

After the rush to get this in on the deadline, I've had this workshopped twice and it holds up both to those who hadn't read the previous version and those who had read.  So here it is. Hopefully it will break my couple of years string of not making the BTM, despite the typos which I've left in. 

Lilith at the Wedding, a short play.

No comments:

Post a Comment